How DO you stretch so much fish to feed so many people? Make New England Fish Chowder of course!
- 4 slices of bacon chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes (I don’t even peel mine but you can)
- 1 oz container of chicken stock
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds skinless haddock or cod fillets, preferably over 1 inch thick
- 2 Cups Half and Half
Melt butter in stock pot, add bacon and onions and sautee’. Once the onions are translucent add in the stock and potatoes. Simmer for ten to fifteen minutes or until potatoes are just tender. Put whole filets of fish on top of the potatoes, turn the heat to low and cover for ten minutes, the fish should be cooked through at this point. Add in half and half. Warm chowder on low for ten minutes.
Serve with biscuits and butter for a hearty dinner.